· AVERTis an international HIV and AIDS charity based in the
· BBC The Global spread of HIV AIDSMore than 39 million people around the world are living with HIV – slightly more than the population of
· Department of International Development- The spread of diseases like HIV and AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis wreak havoc in poor countries. In 2002, 42 million adults and five million children were living with HIV and AIDS and 95% of those people were in developing countries.
· Kids Health HIV and AIDS. Many people (not just kids, but adults, too) don't really understand how HIV and AIDS are related, even though they hear these two terms used together all the time.
· National Geographic– Living with Aids
· The South East Public Health Observatory (SEPHO)is one of nine regional Observatories throughout
· UNICEF The big picture: young people and HIV and AIDS Young people are at the centre of the HIV and AIDS crisis. An estimated 11.8 million young people (aged 15–24) are living with HIV today.
· http://www.dfid.gov.uk/mdg/hivaids.asp Contains fact sheets as downloads on HIV and AIDS and links to many different things like News articles from around the world and Case studies about how it has effected people and what they are trying to do to deal with the symptoms and control its spread.
· http://www3.who.int/whosis/links/diseases_links.cfm?path=whosis,diseases_links&language=english#10 Excellent site. All you would want to know about many diseases in people and animals but especially detailed about HIV and AIDS.